Thursday, January 19, 2006

I Ball !

True Story!!!
TIME...11:45am.on Saturday 31,Dec.2005! I arrive at the Syrian club for a baskettball competition thats been planned the whole week.Its a one-day tournament involving 6 teams with 60 Grand the prize money up for grabs.I arrive with Lere and Tola (my teammates and also the tournament organisers). We are ready to go but we are still short of our final 3 players Deji aka SPACE,Steven and Lanre.I make the call they are on their way...they arrive we sort out the pre-tourney formalities,hey 1 teams chickens out at the final moment why? the captain says "I cant put up part of the prize money only to loose".He's scared,sadly but who wouldnt be i mean these were mean ballaz from the USA & UK and even d homeland (Naija) who are baq for holidays in Naija and decided to put up a tourney...O yeah,how i got d call to ball...my man Lere hollered at me and said he aint seen me ball in 3 years but from baq in KC,he remembers i was "d Truth" so he asked if i come come thru for his team,an like no smelliz.I told him i got two other ill kids who could handle the rock...my man, Space, who has like a 40 inch vertical,i mean kid jumped over me for an oop in a pick up game at mine so u know what i mean,and d boy steven who's a good 2 guard,real quik and all...well blablabla...its time to "play ball"! We're up first against this other team...I Got the rock in my hand i'm thinkin 3's ok so i go 1,2,3,4,5,6,7...7 strait 3's in d game.i mean 7 for 7 from beyond d arc,now thats ill...but HEY it aint all bout me,Lere had mad assists all game long,Tola jus kept grabbin boards and he did his thing form beyond d arc too so...,Space,o yeah,he was in space the whole time.Steven basically killed d team on the fast break,Lanre,well he sat out this game but look out for him...Cos he shows up big the next two games....We basically wrapped the game up like 41-17,Against a team that had the height advantage over us...thats TEAM EFFORT!.....To be continued!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea nice story n all but who won d money? oh i fogot its 2 b continued rite so y dont u just finish it instead of keepin us all in suspense.